Start a New Career after Completing IT Support Specialist Courses at Miller-Motte Technical College in Augusta, GA!
Do you like solving problems? Do you like working with computers? If so, then you should consider IT Support Specialist courses at Miller-Motte Technical College. In as little as 18 months, you could graduate and be on your way to a new career.
Start on the path towards a career doing what you love. With IT training from Miller-Motte, you could earn your IT Support Specialist Associate of Occupational Science degree. And, since we’re located in Augusta, GA, we’re convenient for students in Martinez, Grovetown or Evans, Georgia.
This is a Hybrid track program. What does this mean for you? You will take most of your coursework online with video, audio and text-based lessons and interactive discussion groups. You’ll then spend a few hours each week at the campus for face-to-face training. It’s the best of both worlds, for your convenience.
Learn the Essentials in IT Support Specialist Courses
Miller-Motte Technical College provides the hands-on IT training needed for you to be a success. Some of the courses you’ll take include:
- Application and Database Concepts: This course prepares students to cover introductory concepts underlying the design and implementation of databases and database applications. The course will also cover Object Databases, Security, XML, SQL, MYSQL, Data Mining and Web Service topics. A hand’s on approach will also be provided giving students an opportunity to install and work with a database application, implement technical concepts such as database design, query processing, transaction processing and lead to an overall basic and introductory understanding of SQL and Oracle. Students will be prepared to take the MTA 98-364 Exam in Database Administration upon successful completion of this course.
- PC Hardware and Software: This course helps develop technical skills related to PC Maintenance and Support. Topics include the anatomy of a PC and its components, installation, PC troubleshooting, networking (devices, media, wireless) and implementation, printers and printer support and customer service and interaction. This course helps prepare students with the necessary knowledge and skills to take the CompTIA A+ Certification Exam (Essentials).
- PC Operating Systems: In this course, you’ll develop technical skills related to PC and Mobile device Software, Maintenance, Support and Troubleshooting. Topics include installing, configuring and maintaining Operating Systems on devices, the basics of networking and security/forensics, properly and safely diagnosing, resolving and documenting common hardware and software issues while applying troubleshooting skills. Students will also understand the basics of virtualization, desktop imaging and deployment, as well as how to provide appropriate customer service, support and interaction. This course helps prepare students with the necessary knowledge and skills to take the CompTIA A+ Certification Exam (Practical).
For more information about the courses offered in our IT Support Specialist program, download the Course Catalog.
Career Opportunities with Information Technology Training
In a constantly changing world that relies so heavily on digital interaction, IT careers will be in demand. Available careers after graduation include:
- Computer User Support Specialists: Computer User Support Specialists provide the technical assistance needed for a company to run smoothly. You’ll work with employees to solve their IT issues. From answering questions to fixing problems, you’ll be an essential part of the team.
- Computer Network Support Specialist: In your role as a Computer Network Support Specialist, you’ll evaluate network systems while helping to maintain company network operations.
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: As a Network and Computer Systems Administrator, you’ll ensure an organization''s computer network runs smoothly. They are responsible for troubleshooting problems and monitoring networks to detect malware and other cyber-attacks.
Plus, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for Network Administrators will grow 12% by the year 2022.
Begin IT Support Specialist Courses Today!
Don’t wait to start your IT training. Start down the path to a new, rewarding career today. Call us today and we’ll help you gain the skills and knowledge needed to thrive in a new career. Plus, we provide Lifetime Career Assistance upon graduation and for years to come.
Talk with a Miller-Motte Technical College Admissions Representative today by calling 800.705.9182 or click here to request additional information.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Network and Computer Systems Administrators,
on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/network-and-computer-systems-administrators.htm (visited August 11, 2015).