Are You Interested in How to Become a Paralegal? Learn more about Paralegal Studies in Conway, SC
If you’re fascinated by law and want to be a vital part of a legal team, you may find paralegal studies of interest. At Miller-Motte Technical College in Conway, SC you can enroll and graduate in our Paralegal Associate of Applied Science Degree program in as little as 18 months.
The legal profession is more than just lawyers and judges; a whole team of associates is required to bring a case together. Paralegals assist the group by helping research case law, prepare correspondence and transcribe interviews.
Miller-Motte’s Paralegal training gives you the education you need by providing entry-level career training for those interested in pursuing a career in a law office or in a law-related profession. After graduating with your Paralegal Associate of Applied Science Degree, you can enter a new career working with attorneys, government agencies and the legal departments of banks, insurance companies and other business organizations.
This is a Hybrid track program. What does this mean for you? You will take most of your coursework online with video, audio and text-based lessons and interactive discussion groups. You’ll then spend a few hours each week at the campus for face-to-face training. Hybrid classes: it’s the best of both worlds, for your convenience.
Or, if you’re interested in completing your education online, check out our online Paralegal Associate of Applied Science Degree.
What You’ll Learn in Paralegal Studies
At Miller-Motte, we know your time is valuable. This is why we designed our Paralegal program to cover the right information. Our Paralegal program teaches the knowledge you’ll need to start with courses like:
- Introduction to Legal Systems: This course provides an overview of the U.S. legal system. The course introduces and develops terminology and concepts related to the origins and history of U.S. law, substantive and procedural criminal and civil law, the courts, and constitutional and legislative trends and developments in the law.
- Contract Law: An overview of the law of contracts, this course examines the formation performance and discharge of legally enforceable agreements at common law and under the Uniform Commercial Code. The Statute of Frauds, breach of contract and damages, third parties, and defenses are explored, as well as the essentials of contract drafting.
- Criminal Procedure: The course proceeds through the criminal justice system, from first police contact, searches, interrogations, and other investigation, through the prosecution, preliminary proceedings, and trial. Problems of federalism, the exclusionary rule and sentencing are discussed. Comprehensive presentation of major issues in criminal process, with emphasis on Supreme Court cases interpreting the Constitution is also addressed.
Your Miller-Motte paralegal training ensures you’ll be ready to succeed in the workplace. Not only will you receive comprehensive classroom instruction taught by qualified instructors but also hands-on career training through a local externship where you can apply your skills in a real-world setting. For more details, download our Course Catalog.
Find a New Career in the Legal Field with the Training from Miller-Motte Technical College
When you graduate from Miller-Motte with your Paralegal Associate of Applied Science Degree, you may pursue a variety of careers. You can feel confident in your career options and in your career’s future because, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there will be a 17% increase in the need for Paralegals by the year 2022*.
Some of the career choices available to you as a graduate of a Paralegal program include:
- Title Examiner: Title Examiners work closely with real estate and mortgage documentation to summarize records that affect property titles. By researching public and private records, Title Examiners apply both their administrative skills and understanding of the legal system to prepare title companies, law firms, or real estate agencies with critical title documentation.
- Legal Secretary: Legal Secretaries are invaluable members of a legal team. Lawyers and Judges rely on Legal Secretaries to keep clients informed, the office in order, and to assist in research and preparing documents to be used in a court of law.
- Paralegal and Legal Assistant: Paralegals and Legal Assistants assist Lawyers by taking care of day-to-day responsibilities such research, reports and the filing of documents with local and state courts. They use their knowledge of the legal system to assist Lawyers with cases and hearings.
Learn More About Paralegal Studies at Miller-Motte in Conway, SC
You can get involved in the legal system with Paralegal training in as little as 18 months with our Associate of Applied Science Degree from Miller-Motte Technical College in Conway, SC. For more information on our Paralegal program, call an Admissions Representative today at 800.705.9182 to schedule an appointment and tour our campus. Click here to request more information online.
With Miller-Motte, your future starts now!*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Paralegals and Legal Assistants, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/legal/paralegals-and-legal-assistants.htm.