Are You Interested in IT Support Specialist Courses in Macon, GA?
If you like learning about computers and technology and enjoy troubleshooting computer and network issues, Miller-Motte Technical College’s IT Support Specialist program may be right for you. At Miller-Motte, you could earn an Associate of Occupational Science degree in as little as 18 months.
This is a Hybrid track program. What does this mean for you? You will take most of your coursework online with video, audio and text-based lessons and interactive discussion groups. You’ll then spend a few hours each week at the campus for face-to-face training. It’s the best of both worlds, for your convenience.
So if you’re located in the Macon, GA or the surrounding areas of Atlanta, Warner Robins and Milledgeville, start your IT training today and be in a career you love in as little as 18 months.
IT Support Specialist Courses
At Miller-Motte Technical College you’ll get the hands-on Information Technology training needed to succeed in your future career. Our experienced instructors will work with you, providing individual attention, to ensure you succeed in class.
As a part of your IT training, some of the classes you’ll take include:
- Technical Writing/Project Planning: This course teaches you how to manage effectively all phases of a project. You will learn the project management framework of initiation, planning, execution, control, and formal closing. You’ll discover what it takes to ensure project success. Students will focus on practical tools and techniques working on a project from initiation to close. This course also teaches students to develop technical and end-user documentation for technology in the enterprise.
- Application and Database Concepts: This course prepares students to cover introductory concepts underlying the design and implementation of databases and database applications. Additional topics include Object Databases, Security, XML, SQL, MYSQL, Data Mining and Web Service topics. A hand’s on approach will also be provided giving students an opportunity to install and work with a database application, implement technical concepts such as database design, query processing, transaction processing and lead to an overall basic and introductory understanding of SQL and Oracle. Students will be prepared to take the MTA 98-364 Exam in Database Administration upon successful completion of this course.
- PC Hardware and Software: A course to develop technical skills related to PC Maintenance and Support. Topics include the anatomy of a PC and its components, installation, PC troubleshooting, networking (devices, media, wireless) and implementation, printers and printer support and customer service and interaction. This course helps prepare students with the necessary knowledge and skills to take the CompTIA A+ Certification Exam (Essentials).
Plus, to further enhance your skills and knowledge, you’ll take part in an externship. This gives you the opportunity to learn outside of the classroom in a real-world setting. You’ll observe and assist in a supervised working environment at school-approved business, industrial or governmental agency.
To learn more about IT training, download our Course Catalog.
Your Future with IT Training
The need for people trained in Information Technology isn’t going away. If anything, the demand is expected to increase in the coming years. According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics, careers for Network Administrators will grow 12% by 2022*, making an IT Support Specialist Associate of Occupational Science degree a good choice for a steady career.
- Computer User Support Specialists: Computer User Support Specialists provide technical assistance to company employees. From answering questions to fixing problems, you’ll be the go-to person for all technology-related issues.
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: As a Network and Computer Systems Administrator, you’ll ensure that a company’s computer network runs efficiently. You’ll be responsible for troubleshooting issues and monitoring the network.
- Computer Network Support Specialist: As a Computer Network Support Specialist, you’ll analyze, test, troubleshoot and evaluate network systems. You’ll help maintain company network operations to prevent outages.
Learn More about Our IT Support Specialist Program Today
If you’re good with computers, consider IT Support Specialist courses at Miller-Motte Technical College. Plus, as a Miller-Motte student you’ll get our support from enrollment to graduation, and beyond. Call us today at 800.705.9182 to learn more about information technology training. Or click here to request more information.*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Network and Computer Systems Administrators,
on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/network-and-computer-systems-administrators.htm.