Jumpstart Your Career by Earning Your Business Administration Degree Online
Are you interested in going into business? With Miller-Motte Online Programs, you can train for a career in the Business Administration field in as little as 18 months.
At Miller-Motte, we offer a few online Business Administration programs you could be eligible to enroll in*:
- Business Administration Bachelor of Science degree – complete in as little as 4 years
- Business Administration Associate of Applied Science degree – complete in as little as 18 months
Our online Business Administration programs provide the flexibility you’ve been looking for. Designed for people with busy lives, Online Track programs are a convenient way to complete your program 100% online. You’ll receive ongoing guidance via assignments and weekly discussions designed to help you succeed. Student Technology Chromebook Packages are also included in the program. You’ll learn through a variety of formats like video, audio and text-based lessons, all from experienced instructors. Plus, with personalized advising and tutoring, job placement assistance and Lifetime Career Assistance, you’ll receive the same support as our on-campus students – without the commute.
What You’ll Learn in Miller-Motte Business Administration Programs
In Miller-Motte’s Business Administration program, you’ll learn the inner workings of the business world and gain hands-on work experience in the field, including management, marketing, finance and more.
As a part of the Business Administration Bachelor of Science degree, your training will include:
- Business Organization: This course integrates business philosophy, marketing, information systems, finance, human resources, production, customer service, inventory management, external environments and future trends.
- Legal Environment of Business: In this course students will study the law as it affects business, including the legal environment of business, contract, sales transactions, commercial paper, creditors' rights and bankruptcy.
- Management Information Systems: Students will analyze organizational computer-based and information technology systems including MIS theory, practices and issues, computerized systems analysis and design, relational database models and business applications.
For more information on our Bachelor of Science degree, download our Course Catalog.
In our Business Administration Associate of Applied Science degree program, you’ll take a variety of courses including:
- Customer Relations and Servicing: This course introduces the students to the importance of customer service in business today. Students will be exposed to the essential skills needed when dealing with both external and internal customers. Emphasis will be focused on verbal and non-verbal communication skills, dealing with challenging customers, solving problems, surveying customer satisfaction and retaining customers.
- Computerized Accounting: This course is an introduction to utilizing the computer in maintaining accounting records, making management decisions and processing common business applications with primary emphasis on a general ledger software package. Students will further develop skills in maintaining accounting records, providing in-depth exposure to accounts receivables/accounts payable, payroll and inventory modules.
- Foundations of Business Finance: This course introduces students to financial markets, institutions and management. Emphasis is placed on the markets in which funds are traded, the institutions that participate in and aid the flow of funds and the principles and concepts of financial management that guide the participants in the making of sound decisions.
For more information on our Associate of Applied Science degree, download our Course Catalog.
Business Administration Careers
Employers in today’s job market are looking for people with a wide range of skills—people who can help their organization grow and improve. Job applicants with diverse skill sets are in high demand, which is why our Business Administration programs prepare students for not one, but several careers, including:
General Office Clerk
Offices run smoothly thanks to talented Office Clerks. Office Clerks' duties depend on experience and knowledge of office procedures. Tasks could range from maintaining financial records to handling client communication.
Insurance Claims Clerk
Insurance Claims Clerks help keep drivers covered, on the road and safe. Claims Clerks help policyholders apply for or change their insurance. They use active listening, accuracy and resourcefulness to assist insurance agents and clients.
Call Now to Learn More about Miller-Motte’s Online Business Administration Programs!
Contact an Admissions Representatives at Miller-Motte today to learn how our training and resources can help you land a job you’ll love. We’ll walk you through every step of the application process, from financial aid options for those who qualify, to choosing the program that’s right for you.
*Program availability depends on student’s state of residence.
**Students who have earned an Associate degree in Business Administration at Miller-Motte College Wilmington or another accredited institution of higher education may request an evaluation of credits earned and have the opportunity to be awarded up to 90 quarter credit hours of transfer credit toward the completion of the Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration.
These online programs are offered via the Miller-Motte College Wilmington, NC and Miller-Motte Technical College Conway, SC campuses.