Continuing Professional Education Courses at Miller-Motte
Complete Additional Career Training Across a Variety of Fields
The continuing professional education courses at Miller-Motte provide a variety of short-term training options, ideal for those who want to stay current with industry regulations or make their resume stand out in today’s competitive workforce. By completing the courses, students may have the opportunity to sit for credentialing exams, earn a certificate of completion, or build upon their current skill set with additional training and education.
Learn the Skills You Need to Impress Today’s Employers
With courses relevant to some of today’s most in-demand careers, including technology, business, and healthcare, we’ve got you covered whether you’re looking for continuing medical education courses or a boost to your design portfolio. By adding additional training to your resume, you’ll be demonstrating to employers that you understand the latest regulatory information, have the knowledge, skills and the drive to move forward in your current career. Please note: These courses are not included within the school's scope of ACCSC accreditation and are not eligible for Title IV funding.
The current professional development courses offered by Miller-Motte include:
- CompTIA A+ Certification Prep: Are you interested in demonstrating your foundational IT knowledge? This comprehensive 10-week course is available online and can prepare you to sit for the CompTIA A+ exam.
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Prep: If you''re looking to take the CompTIA Network+ certification exam, our 10-week online course will help you cram for your exam.
- ICD-10: This 10-week course prepares healthcare workers for the changes in classifications and coding from the ICD-9 and for the ICD-10 Proficiency Assessment exam.
- ICD-10 Hospital: Designed to focus on medical personnel working in hospitals, this course details the ICD-10 coding and classification updates and prepares students for the ICD-10 Assessment exam.
- Medical Assisting Certification Preparation: In just five weeks, Medical Assistants wishing to demonstrate their deeper understanding of the field can be prepared for the Certified Medical Assistant exam by completing two HESI practice exams and reviewing personalized results with the instructor.
- Medication Aide: Expand your responsibilities by learning about medication administration in this course designed to prepare you for the North Carolina Medication Aide state exam.
- Microsoft Excel: Learn how to create, organize and manipulate spreadsheets. This five-week course focuses on functions, formulas, charts, graphs, and even formatting and printing.
- Microsoft Office: Businesses rely on employees with an advanced knowledge of basic computer software. This five-week course focuses on Microsoft’s famous suite of products including Word, Excel, Access, and Publisher.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Prep: For Pharmacy Technicians wanting to boost their resume and advance their career in healthcare, this five-week course prepares students to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by completing the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam.
- Project Management Professional: The Project Management Professional certification allows you to showcase your project management skills while boosting your resume.
- Project Management Professional Certification Prep: Demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the project lifecycle as you prepare for the certification exam.
The career-focused continuing education offerings at Miller-Motte are designed with you in mind. Our courses offer busy, professional students:
- Flexible scheduling with some, or all coursework completed online, depending on the course or program
- Interactive, hands-on content delivered in a variety of ways to accommodate different types of learners
- A dedicated Financial Services team to help you discover ways to pay for training
Learn more about the benefits of completing Professional Development courses at Miller-Motte by calling one of our Admissions Representatives at 800.705.9182 and advance your career today!