Finding Financial Aid for Military Students

Many students have financial aid* options available to them in the form of scholarships, grants and student loans. Military students have even more ways to pay for their education. In fact, military students should look into these options first because you may not have to pay them back.

What Kinds of Funding Are Available?

As you start looking into career programs, you should also consider the different types of funding at your disposal. Because of your service in the military, you may be able to start one of Miller-Motte’s programs with little to no tuition costs.

Here are some of the financial assistance resources available to you as a military student:

Military Tuition Assistance

If you are a member of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force or Coast Guard, military tuition assistance programs can pay up to 100% of your tuition costs. This financial assistance isn’t a loan–you don’t need to pay this money back! You’ve already earned it with your military service.

There are limitations with this resource. Military tuition assistance programs have a cap on the number of classes you can take and how much money they offer each year, which may prolong your education. You can find more information here, or call us with your questions at 800.705.9182.

Post-9/11 G.I. Bill and Montgomery G.I. Bill

These two bills were passed by Congress to provide members of the military with federal funding that can be used towards a Certificate, Diploma or Degree. Since these aren’t loans, you won’t need to pay them back, and they provide up to 36 months of financial assistance.

Unlike military tuition assistance programs, you can use this money for any school related expenses, not just tuition. Use these links about the Post-9/11 GI Bill and the Montgomery GI Bill to get more information, or call us today at 800.705.9182.

Is your spouse in the Military? They May be Eligible for a My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)

Military personnel aren’t the only ones who could receive education benefits; spouses of those who serve in the military may be eligible to receive up to $4,000 in total tuition assistance or $2,000 per fiscal year. In October 2010, the MyCAA program was reinstated by the Department of Defense with some changes in eligibility:

    • Your education must lead to a portable career (one that is not dependent on your location)
    • Your education must result in an Associate’s Degree, Certificate or Licensure.
    • Your program of study must be completed within three years of starting your first course.
    • You must be a spouse of an active duty service member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O2. This includes spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members within those ranks. Spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsor is on Title 10 orders

For more details about how you or your spouse may qualify to receive up to $4,000, please call 800.705.9182 or request additional information here.

Claim Your Military Financial Assistance Today

Come to Miller-Motte to earn the Degree, Diploma or Certificate needed to transition from the military to civilian life. We are here to help you every step of the way. From choosing a career path to finding financial aid options, our Admissions Representatives will provide you with the personalized assistance you need to begin a new career.

Let us help you get started! Call us today at 800.705.9182 or click here to request more information about military financial assistance.

*Financial aid is available to those who qualify.