Start a New Career with Business Administration Training in Charleston, SC
Do you have excellent communication skills? Has the business world always interested you? If you answered yes to any of these, then Business Administration training in Charleston, SC could be for you. In as little as 18 months, you could graduate from Miller-Motte College with an Associate of Applied Science degree in Business Administration.
This is a Hybrid track program. What does this mean for you? You will take most of your coursework online with video, audio, and text-based lessons and interactive discussion groups. You’ll then spend a few hours each week at the campus for face-to-face training. It’s the best of both worlds, for your convenience.
Miller-Motte College has helped students from all over the Charleston, North Charleston, Mount Pleasant and Goose Creek areas of South Carolina start new careers, so keep reading to learn how you, too, can benefit from our career training.
We provide our graduates with Career Assistance.
LEARN ABOUT OUR
We’ll help you every step of the way making enrolling simple and stress-free.
What to Expect in a Business Administration Training Program
When you enroll in Business Administration training, you'll learn how businesses function. This knowledge will help you learn how to plan operations, establish policies, pursue business goals and more.
Below are a few of the classes you’ll take in our Business Administration program:
- Customer Relations and Servicing: This course introduces students to the importance of customer service in business today. Students will be exposed to the essential skills needed when dealing with both external and internal customers. Emphasis will be focused on verbal and non-verbal communication skills, dealing with challenging customers, solving problems, surveying customer satisfaction and retaining customers.
- Management Success: This course teaches management and the management functions of planning, organizing, leading and controlling. It focuses on the application of management principles to realistic situations managers encounter as they attempt to achieve organizational objectives. Students will also examine the legal, ethical and social responsibilities of management and may use cases to develop the ability to think and act responsibly.
- Small Business Management: This course introduces students to entrepreneurial concepts of business management including organizational structure, raising capital, inventory controls, marketing and navigating legal barriers. The course will focus on the creation of a business plan using modern business concepts and fundamentals.
The knowledge and skills gained from our Business Administration program will prepare you for an exciting career. Not only will you gain the knowledge to succeed, but you’ll also get real-world experience through our externship course. Download our Course Catalog for more information about the courses and externship course.
Careers in Business Administration
As the world becomes more and more connected, people with business training are more valuable than ever. Businesses need people who have the right set of business skills to help their companies succeed.
Here are just a few of the career options you can pursue after graduation.
- General Office Clerk: Office clerks make sure the office runs smoothly. They file, organize and maintain business records as well as handle client communications. At many small businesses, Office Clerks are also responsible for payroll and human resources duties.
- Insurance Claims Clerk: If you like working in a team environment, insurance claims and processing is the career for you. Insurance Claims Clerks work alongside insurance brokers and agents, reviewing insurance policies and preparing claims forms. You’ll also work closely with clients, informing them of their claims status and answering their questions.
- Manager: Whether they work in an office environment or in retail, Managers are responsible for overseeing employees, tracking expenses, preparing payroll and other duties that maintain the short and long-term operations of a business.
Are You Ready to Begin an Exciting New Career? Call Miller-Motte College Today!
At Miller-Motte College Charleston, we want to help you start a rewarding and fulfilling career, and our Business Administration program can help you achieve this goal in as little as 18 months. Get started today by calling 866.705.9182 or click here to request more information.