Interested in a New Technology Career? Miller-Motte Technical College’s IT Support Specialist Courses Can Help.
Are you good with computers? Would you like to make a living working with them? If so, you could be on your way to a new career in as little as 18 months after completing our IT Support Specialist courses. If you in the Columbus, GA area, or the surrounding area of LaGrange, GA, we could be the right choice for you.
Plus, Miller-Motte’s IT Support Specialist program is a Hybrid track program. What does this mean for you? You will take most of your coursework online with video, audio, and text-based lessons and interactive discussion groups. You’ll then spend a few hours each week at the campus for face-to-face training. It’s the best of both worlds, for your convenience.
CAREER ASSISTANCE We’re here to help even after graduation.
LEARN ABOUT OUR
We’ll help you every step of the way by making enrolling simple and stress-free.
Things You’ll Learn in Miller-Motte’s IT Support Specialist Courses
Miller-Motte’s hands-on training will give you the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. Some of the courses you’ll take include:
- Application and Database Concepts: This course prepares students to cover introductory concepts underlying the design and implementation of databases and database applications. Training will also include Object Databases, Security, XML, SQL, MYSQL, Data Mining, and Web Service topics. A hand’s on approach will also be provided giving students an opportunity to install and work with a database application, implement technical concepts such as database design, query processing, transaction processing and lead to an overall basic and introductory understanding of SQL and Oracle. Students will be prepared to take the MTA 98-364 Exam in Database Administration upon successful completion of this course.
- Networking Concepts: This course prepares students to develop technical skills in networking administration and support. Topics include media and topologies, protocols and standards, network implementation, network support, troubleshooting networking issues, installing and configuring network firewalls and installing and configuring routers and switches. This course helps prepare students with the necessary knowledge and skills to take the Network + Certification Exam.
- Security Concepts: This course develops technical skills in network security including systems security and network infrastructure security. Topics include basic security concepts, risk assessment, hardening practices, virtualization techniques, implementing and maintaining a secure network, cryptography basics and security policies, procedures and management. This course helps prepare students with the necessary knowledge and skills to take the CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam.
If you want to learn more about the variety of courses you’ll take, download our Course Catalog.
IT Support Specialist Career Opportunities
In this increasingly digital world, the demand for Network Administrators will grow 12% by the year 2022 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Miller-Motte’s Information Technology training will prepare you for a number of different jobs including:
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: As a Network and Computer Systems Administrator, you’ll ensure that a company’s network runs smoothly. You may install, configure and support local networks and Internet systems. You’ll also be responsible for troubleshooting problems and monitoring networks.
- Computer Network Support Specialist: As a Computer Network Support Specialist, you’ll analyze, test, troubleshoot and evaluate network systems. You’ll help maintain company network operations to prevent outages.
- Computer User Support Specialists: As a Computer User Support Specialist you’ll provide technical assistance to company employees. From answering questions to fixing problems, you can be the go-to person for all technology issues.
Start Your IT Support Specialist Courses Today!
Don’t wait to start training for a new career. Call Miller-Motte Technical College in Columbus, GA today. We’ll make sure you get the hands-on experience you need to start your new career.
Call 800.705.9182 to talk with one of our Admissions Representatives and learn how we’ll help you get the career you want. Or, click here to request additional information on our career training programs.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Network, and Computer Systems Administrators, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/network-and-computer-systems-administrators.htm