We provide our graduates with Career Assistance.
LEARN ABOUT OUR
We’ll help you every step of the way by making enrolling simple and stress-free.
Medical Billing and Coding Courses
In our courses, you will combine classroom instruction with hands-on experience to develop the proper skills and knowledge for a successful career in Medical Billing and Coding.
Here are just some of the classes offered in Miller-Motte College's Medical Billing and Coding program:
- Medical Coding: This course provides the primary skills needed for medical procedural and diagnostic coding. Emphasis is placed on the use of coding manuals to assign diagnostic and procedural codes for the medical billing process.
- Health Information Systems and Technology: This course provides an in-depth study of the content, storage, retrieval, control, and retention of health information systems. Information regarding hardware and software components of computers for medical record applications is discussed. Students will explore methods of controlling the accuracy and security of data in computer systems, records linkage, and data sharing concepts.
- Coding Certification Preparation: This course prepares students to take the coding licensure examination. It includes a review of concepts such as: applying coding guidelines, analyzing health records, validating Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs), applying reimbursement methodologies, and complying with ethical standards. In addition, the course will also cover test-taking skills and strategies and applying these strategies to entry-level professional licensing examinations. As a part of the course, you will schedule to sit for the appropriate examination.
After finishing training in the field of Medical Billing and Coding and receiving your Certificate, you will be ready to play an essential part in the healthcare industry. For course descriptions and program start dates, download the Course Catalog.
Careers in Medical Billing and Coding
As the healthcare industry grows, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has projected the need for employees with Medical Billing and Coding training to increase 22% by the year 2022. This job is in demand, making the Medical Billing and Coding program a smart career choice for anyone wanting a great future.
Here are some of the careers available to you after graduation.
- Medical Records and Health Information Technician: Medical practices rely on Medical Records and Health Information Technicians’ electronic health records software skills, as most practices have or will transition to electronic patient records. Doctors may also tap into Medical Records and Health Information Technicians’ organizational skills to keep the practice running smoothly.
- Medical Secretary: Medical Secretaries are responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing medical services to keep healthcare facilities running smoothly and efficiently.
Pursue a New Career with Medical Billing and Coding Training!
Miller-Motte College understands how to get you on your new career path. Our qualified instructors, excellent classes and career assistance means education at MMTC can provide you with the training needed for a better life. Learn more about a program by calling 800.705.9182 or click here to request more information.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Medical Records and Health Information Technicians, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-records-and-health-information-technicians.htm